This simple fruit and veggie wash solution will help disinfect and clean vegetables and fruits and remove grim, dirt, dust etc. without changing the taste.
- 4 parts warm water and 1 part Apple Cider Vinegar (i.e. 4 cups water and 1 cup ACV)
- Put this mixture in a large bowl or your sink.
- If you use the sink, make sure you plug the drain first.
- Place the produce in the mixture for 20-25 minutes
- Scrub them lightly using hand gloves
Add on :
Mix one teaspoon of sea salt. This will help remove the bacteria due to cleansing properties of sea salt
- If the fruits and vegetables are not chemical free or you are unsure about the source, make sure you peel off its skin. This will also help get rid of chemicals often sprayed on food.
- In case you are using green leafy vegetable, immerse them in slightly hot water for a minute followed by plunging them in cold water to retain nutrients.
DOWNLOAD PDF: DIY Fruit and Veggie Wash