- 2-3 stalks of fresh lemon grass or dried lemon grass
- 2 to 3 Cloves
- 3 to 4 Green Cardamom (Elaichi)
- 1/4 tsp Black Peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
- 1 inch Ceylon Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- Few strands of saffron and Oolong tea /green tea/black tea
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated turmeric grated and fresh ginger grated optional as per seasonal availability
- 1 star anise (Chinese star anise)
- Boil all of this in 4 cups of water. Reduce it to half, strain and serve.
- You can also add raw honey and a slice of lemon while serving.
- Its an amazing immunity boosting and stress relieving concoction.
- It acts as a powerful diuretic , stomach and gut cleanser and helps fight water retention.
- Its abundantly used in Thai cuisines because of its medicinal properties.
- One can grow lemongrass at home or buy dried lemon grass leaves and stalks.
- It has blood sugar managing properties because of the presence of chlorogenic acid.
DOWNLOAD PDF: Lemongrass tea infusion