Sattu Methi Bhakri is one of the easiest and nutritious of breakfast as well as snack dishes that can be easily prepared at home. It is actually a roti rolled out by combining sattu flour with fenugreek leaves and other ingredients.
- Sattu flour – 1 cup
- Fenugreek (methi) leaves – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Green chilly chopped – 1 nos.
- Ajwain – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Luke warm water to bind – as per requirement
- Oil – As required (can use cold pressed coconut oil)
- Salt – as per taste (pink himalayan salt)
- For preparing Methi Bhakri, mix together sattu, fenugreek leaves, green chilly, ajwain, salt, 1 tbsp oil and turmeric powder.
- Knead them well along with a little lukewarm water to make a hard dough.
- Roll them out a little thicker than the usual chapatis.
- Place them on a griddle and cook both sides by applying little oil or ghee.
- Methi Bhakri is unique and tasty with an appetizing methi flavor and aroma. Methi adds on to the fibre content and is useful for managing blood sugar levels.
- Sattu is a great Indian protein source, high on soluble fibre, low on glycemic index and easier to digest. Its rich in minerals like iron, manganese, molybednum, zinc, magnesium and calcium.
- Mehti Bhakri should be carefully rolled out. It should be thick so that it doesnt fall apart. Make sure the dough is not watery at all.
- Adding ajwain makes it highly beneficial for digestive system because of its carminative properties.